Cyprus welcomes investor interest in education. Cyprus is committed to further strengthening education and is focusing on reforms to achieve sustainable growth. The Ministry of Education and Culture is harmonising the education system in line with the European Standards & Guidelines for Quality Assurance.
The Cyprus Council for the Recognition of Higher Education Qualifications (www.kysats.ac.cy) has been established since 1996.
- 3 public Universities, including one Open University, and 4 private Universities
- 339 public and 29 private primary schools (2010/11)
- 127 public and 39 private secondary schools (2010/11)
- 33.6% of Cypriots in the 15-64 age bracket had a tertiary educational level (2011)
- A large proportion of Cypriot tertiary students studied abroad (46.5% in 2011)
- Establishment of the first British University in Cyprus, granted of its academic license by the Cyprus Ministry of Education and Culture